Wulkuraka Maintenance Centre
A dedicated Maintenance Centre has been built at Wulkuraka to maintain, service and repair the New Generation Rollingstock (NGR) fleet.
Key features of the centre include:
- 10 rail roads for stabling, maintenance, repairs and overhauls
- a dedicated wheel lathe
- train lifting jacks
- 4 fully pitted roads with raised rails
- retractable overhead lines and roof gantries
- train cleaning and decanting facilities
- Automated Visual Inspection System (AVIS).
What can residents expect during ongoing operations?
- Train servicing, maintenance and repair operations will be underway 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- NGR trains will be stabled at the centre day and night.
- Trains will be entering and departing the centre throughout the day and night.
- Train drivers will be required to conduct a short beep of the train horn prior to the start of every service to ensure it works, as required.
- Train drivers will need to conduct a short test of their emergency air brakes prior to the start of any service to ensure they are operational.
The NGR project has also delivered several infrastructure connection upgrades around Maintenance Centre at Wulkuraka, including:
- Wulkuraka station upgrade:
- installation of 3 lifts and pedestrian overpass
- construction of connection tracks to the maintenance centre
- upgrade to the intersection of Toongarra Road and Dixon Street West
- drainage upgrades on Grace Street
- upgrades to Dixon Street East.