Northgate station park 'n' ride
We are planning to expand the park 'n' ride at Northgate station.
Currently there are 4 existing at-grade park 'n' ride facilities at Northgate station with more than 380 dedicated car parks. Options for the expansion of existing parking facilities are limited, with challenges including:
- limited land supply and a high cost to acquire additional property
- considerations as to whether further commuter parking would be best for the long-term use of any additional land acquired
- the need to ensure that park 'n' ride facilities do not conflict with Brisbane City Council planning requirements and are easily accessible from the road network.
Our objective for the Northgate station park ‘n’ ride is to achieve an integrated network, allowing customers to connect with high frequency public transport where walking, bike riding and public transport options are limited.
Community consultation on the options for expanding park 'n' ride facilities will commence in early 2021, and it is expected that the business case will be finalised in mid-2021.
There is currently no funding for design and construction. Funding will be determined on a statewide priority basis.
- Improves safety
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Increases car parks
- Increased number of car parks available for commuters.
- Improved safety for park 'n' ride customers through additional lighting and CCTV.
- Additional persons with disability (PWD) parking spaces.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government