Oakey-Pittsworth Road, various locations, business case
Planning is underway to improve safety, efficiency and reliability of Oakey-Pittsworth Road.
Feedback is being sought from the communities of Oakey, Pittsworth, Aubigny and surrounding areas to identify potential improvements on Oakey-Pittsworth Road. This feedback will be used to improve safety, efficiency and reliability.
Oakey-Pittsworth Road has been identified as a key freight route with a need for widening and strengthening to maintain safety and efficiency.
This important section of road provides Type 1 Road Train access between the Warrego Highway and Gore Highway. It has been identified as having a potential need for widening and strengthening as it supports several agricultural industries in the area that rely on the road to transport cattle and grain.
As part of planning the following three sections of the road will be reviewed:
- 1.4 km section between Toowoomba-Cecil Plains Road and Motley Linthorpe Road
- 1.4 km section between Motley-Linthorpe Road and Cronin Road
- 7.5 km section between Cronin Road and Irongate Road.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Community consultation to identify issues.
- Development of a business case to propose safety upgrades for future funding.
The project is being funded under the State Road Network Upgrade program which is 100% funded by the Queensland Government.
- Total investment
- Queensland Government
Planning is currently underway. The community, businesses, residents and road users are invited to provide feedback via the online consultation hub. Feedback may include identifying existing issues or locations. Online consultation is available via the 'Have your say' link on the right-hand side of this page.