Planning and construction is underway for short and long-term upgrades of various interchanges on the Pacific Motorway (M1), including Exit 38 (Yatala North), Exit 41 (Yatala South), Exit 45 (Ormeau) and Exit 49 (Pimpama).
Pacific Motorway Exit 45 southbound off-ramp, upgrade interchange
The Ormeau Interchange (Exit 45) southbound off-ramp safety improvement project will deliver safety benefits to motorists, particularly by reducing queuing on the M1, and to the surrounding road network including Lahrs Road.
The project will ease congestion, reduce travel times and improve safety through a new signalised intersection at Lahrs Road and Zupp Drive.
A new left-turn slip lane and acceleration lane to the existing Exit 45 southbound off-ramp will be constructed, allowing traffic bound for the Yatala industrial precinct to bypass the eastern interchange roundabout.
Freight access to the Ormeau area will be improved.
- Improves safety
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Reduces travel time
- Realignment of the southbound off-ramp to a new signalised intersection on Lahrs Road, 200m north of where it currently aligns at the roundabout.
- Lengthening of the southbound off-ramp to increase its capacity.
- A left-turn slip lane for motorists exiting the motorway and heading north on Lahrs Road.
- Lahrs Road will be widened to 2 lanes in each direction between the new signalised intersection and the existing roundabout.
- Installation of roundabout metering on the Eggersdorf Road and Creek Street approaches to the existing roundabout.
- On-road bicycle lanes at the new intersection.
The Australian and Queensland governments have committed $20 million (50:50) as outlined in the Queensland Transport and Roads Investment Program 2021-22 to 2024-25. Investment ID 1776869
- Total investment
- $20 million
- Australian Government
- $10 million
- Queensland Government
- $10 million
Construction has started on this project.