We will improve traffic flow and safety for all road users by reducing traffic congestion at the Stafford and South Pine Road intersection.
Stafford Road and South Pine Road Intersection Upgrade planning study
In 2012, we completed the planning study for the Stafford Road and South Pine Road intersection upgrade. The outcome of the planning study was a 2-staged concept plan which we took to public consultation in 2012.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Increases traffic flow
- widening of right-turn from South Pine Road onto Pullen Road
- right-turn removed from Sizer Street
- Cutbush Road widened within existing road corridor
- right-turn from South Pine Road onto side street lengthened
- peak hours ban on right-turn from South pine Road onto Stafford Road
- new link road to connect South Pine Road and Stafford Road.