Sunshine Motorway (Mooloolaba – Peregian) Pacific Paradise to Coolum, planning
The department is planning for the future duplication of the Sunshine Motorway, between David Low Way to just north of Yandina-Coolum Road.
Planning is investigating doubling the motorway's capacity from 2 to 4 lanes to help accommodate future growth and to improve safety, connectivity and efficiency.
As part of the project, provisions for active transport and improvements to the Yandina-Coolum Road roundabout and the School Road intersection will also be considered.
A preliminary evaluation for the project is being undertaken and is expected to be complete in early 2023.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Improves flood immunity
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- Increased motorway capacity from 2 to 4 lanes.
- Improvements to active transport infrastructure.
- Improvements to an existing interchange.
- Opportunities for a new interchange.
- Inclusion of Smart Motorway technologies.
- Provisions for fauna treatments.
The Queensland Government has committed $1.75 million to undertake a preliminary evaluation for the project. Investment ID: 1551863
- Total investment
- $1.75 million
- Queensland Government
- $1.75 million
We would like to thank everyone who had their say during the initial consultation carried out between November and December 2021. More than 600 items of feedback were received via the online engagement platform, direct email, post and phone.
Through the initial consultation, the key feedback themes highlighted included:
- improving safety
- easing congestion
- better active transport provisions
- upgrades to existing interchanges
- requests for new interchanges
A further round of consultation is now underway to seek feedback on the preferred option. The consultation will close on 26 February 2023.