Tamborine–Oxenford Road, Howard Creek Causeway, upgrade flood immunity
Works have started on upgrading Howard Creek Causeway (approximately 11km from Oxenford) on Tamborine–Oxenford Road at Wongawallan to provide a safer road alignment, with increased flood immunity.
The project will:
- upgrade the existing pipe culverts to a multiple cell box culvert structure
- widen the road approaches
- upgrade the intersection of Lanes Road and Colin Meagher Roads
- improve intersection lighting.
- Improves safety
- Improves flood immunity
- Better road access
- Contributes to economy
- New multiple cell box culvert structure.
- Raising and widening the road.
- Upgrading the Lanes Road and Colin Meagher Road intersections.
Australian and Queensland Governments announced funding for this project on 22 June 2020. Investment ID 733737
- Total investment
- $10 million
- Australian Government
- $8 million
- Queensland Government
- $2 million
Early works started in April 2021. Construction is expected to follow in mid-2021 and continue until mid-2022.