Varsity Lakes train station park 'n' ride upgrade
The Varsity Lakes station park 'n' ride upgrade is delivering close to 350 parking spaces.
The department is delivering around 350 new spaces to the current parking facility, by formalising the temporary parking in the over-flow car park that was established for the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
- Improves safety
- Increases car parks
- Contributes to regional growth
- Better active transport
- 350 new parking spaces (approximate).
- Accessible parking spaces for people with disability.
- Improved security measures including lighting and CCTV.
- New access on Coromandel Drive, addressing the slope of the entrance.
- Improved connectivity to train station, with new pedestrian footpath, stairs and ramp for parents with prams or people with mobility difficulties or disabilities.
This project is funded by the Queensland Government.
- Total investment
- $5.2 million
- Queensland Government
- $5.2 million
We are in construction phase. Works began onsite in February 2021.
Impacts to available parking spaces will be managed by containing construction to half of the site at a time, leaving the other half open for parking.
Sign up to receive the latest construction updates and traffic alerts by emailing the project team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
For public transport information download the MyTransLink app.
For traffic conditions call 13 19 40 or visit qldtraffic.qld.gov.au for the latest traffic and travel information.