Waterford-Tamborine Road is being upgraded in stages.
Current work being completed on Waterford-Tamborine Road include:
Brisbane-Beenleigh Road (Kingston Road) and Waterford-Tamborine Road (Nerang Street)
Construction started in May 2022 to improve safety, capacity and functionality at the intersection of Brisbane–Beenleigh Road (Kingston Road) and Waterford–Tamborine Road (Nerang Street). Investment ID 1193795
Easterly Street intersection
Construction expected to start in September 2022 on the installation of traffic signals at the intersection of Easterly Street. Investment ID 1507717
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
Planning for future road upgrades is also underway:
- Planning from Logan Village to Brisbane-Beenleigh Road. Investment ID 1121203
- Investigations have been carried out for a possible future project between Stegemann Road and Dairy Creek Road at Buccan. The investigations will inform design for this future project. Currently there is no funding available for construction.
The following projects have recently been completed:
- North Street to Anzac Avenue lane duplication, in late 2021.