Waterford-Tamborine Road is being upgraded in stages.
Upcoming road upgrades include:
- Installation of traffic signals at the intersection of Easterly Street. Construction is expected to start in January 2022 and continue until mid-2022. (Investment ID 1507717)
- Improve safety, capacity and functionality at the intersection of Brisbane–Beenleigh Road (Kingston Road) and Waterford–Tamborine Road (Nerang Street). Construction is expected to start in January 2022 and continue until mid-2022. (Investment ID 1193795)
Planning for future road upgrades is also underway. This includes:
- Planning from Logan Village to Brisbane-Beenleigh Road (Investment ID 1121203)
- Investigations are being carried out for a possible future project between Stegemann Road and Dairy Creek Road at Buccan. The investigations will inform design for this future project, noting that no funding is currently available for construction.
The following projects have been completed:
- $40 million upgrade (funded by Economic Development Queensland) from Hotz Road to Anzac Avenue, in late 2018.
- $11 million project (with $3.30 million in developer contributions) to signalise the intersection of North Street at Logan Village, in late 2019.
- North Street to Anzac Avenue lane duplication, in late 2021.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality