We are upgrading Waterford-Tamborine Road in stages.
- widening to four lanes
- unrestricted access for emergency vehicles into the medical centre to and from Waterford-Tamborine Road
- a right-turn lane into Logan Street to ensure connectivity
- u-turns at the North Street and Anzac Avenue intersections.
We are also planning for future road upgrades. This includes:
- transport project planning from Camp Cable Road to Logan Village
- link planning from Waterford to Logan Village
- transport project planning for the intersection of Waterford-Tamborine Road and Brisbane-Beenleigh Road.
We have completed the following projects:
- the $40 million upgrade (funded by Economic Development Queensland) from Hotz Road to Anzac Avenue, in late 2018
- the $11 million project (with $3.30 million in developer contributions) to signalise the intersection of North Street at Logan Village, in late 2019.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality