Waterford-Tamborine Road is being upgraded in stages.
North Street to Anzac Avenue at Logan Village (QTRIP ID 489244)
Construction is expected to start in March 2021 and be completed by late 2021.
The project includes:
- widening to 4 lanes
- unrestricted access for emergency vehicles into the medical centre to and from Waterford-Tamborine Road
- a right-turn lane into Logan Street to ensure connectivity
- U-turns at the North Street and Anzac Avenue intersections.
Design for upcoming upgrades
Design for upcoming road upgrades is also underway with construction expected to start in mid-2021:
- Improve safety at the intersection of Easterly Street with installation of traffic signals. (QTRIP ID 1507717)
- Improve safety, capacity and functionality at the intersection of Brisbane–Beenleigh Road (Kingston Road) and Waterford–Tamborine Road (Nerang Street). (QTRIP ID 1193795)
Planning for future upgrades
Planning for future road upgrades is also underway. This includes:
- transport project planning from Camp Cable Road to Logan Village (QRTIP ID 1120663)
- link planning from Waterford to Logan Village (QTRIP ID 1121203)
- transport project planning for Brisbane-Beenleigh Road from Loganlea Road to Waterford-Tamborine Road. (QTRIP ID 1122670)
The following projects have been completed:
- $40 million upgrade (funded by Economic Development Queensland) from Hotz Road to Anzac Avenue, in late 2018.
- $11 million project (with $3.30 million in developer contributions) to signalise the intersection of North Street at Logan Village, in late 2019.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
North Street to Anzac Avenue, Logan Village