Bruce Highway (Bowen – Ayr), construct overtaking lanes
The Australian Government is fully funding the $307.8 million Bruce Highway Overtaking Lanes package.
There are 7 overtaking lanes to be delivered on the Bruce Highway between Bowen and Ayr, as part of the Bruce Highway Upgrade Program (BHUP) to improve safety, flood resilience and capacity.
These projects will provide new overtaking opportunities, a wider road formation with wide centre line treatments and safer roadsides by removing roadside hazards.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Improves flood immunity
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Construction of overtaking lanes.
- Installing wide centre line treatments.
- Culvert maintenance, extension or replacement.
- Installing guardrail.
- Removing roadside hazards.
- Upgrading property accesses to improve sight distances.
- New road surface, line marking and signage.
The project is fully funded by the Australian Government. Investment ID: 669502, 669505, 669636, 669770
- Total investment
- $42.39 million
- Australian Government
- $42.39 million
Construction has started on this project.
The project consists of:
- Bruce Highway (Bowen - Ayr), West Euri Road to Abbott Point Road, construct northbound and southbound overtaking lanes
- Bruce Highway (Bowen - Ayr), Plain Creek, construct northbound overtaking lane
- Bruce Highway (Bowen - Ayr), Armstrong Creek overflow, construct northbound and southbound overtaking lanes
- Bruce Highway (Bowen - Ayr), Arrow Creek and Slater Creek, construct northbound and southbound overtaking lanes.
Site 1: West Euri Road to Abbott Point Road
Site 2: South of Plain Creek
Site 3: North of Armstrong Creek
Site 4: Between Arrow Creek & Slater Creek