Bruce Highway (Proserpine – Bowen) Ten Mile Creek to Yeates Creek, improve safety
Safety upgrades are being delivered on the Bruce Highway, between Proserpine and Bowen, to create a better transport network that connects regional towns to cities.
This section of the Bruce Highway is a key route that connects Mackay to Airlie Beach and the Whitsundays. The highway provides critical linkages for freight movements between inland production areas and eleven coastal ports and major regional centres.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Contributes to regional growth
- Reduces maintenance
- Improves ride quality
- Road widening to accommodate wide centre line treatments and provide additional separation between oncoming vehicles.
- Audio tactile line marking to warn road users they are about to leave the road.
- Removing roadside hazards so that any vehicles that do leave the road are given opportunity to recover.
- Intersection upgrades at:
- Gordon Glen Road
- Bridsons Road
- Jokheim Road
- Eden Lassie Road.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland
governments on an 80:20 basis. Investment ID: 936841
- Total investment
- $44.07 million
- Australian Government
- $35.25 million
- Queensland Government
- $8.82 million
Works are expected to start in August 2021, weather permitting.