The Deception Bay Road interchange project is being delivered as part of the Bruce Highway Upgrade to improve safety, ease congestion and cater for future traffic growth.
Deception Bay Road, Bruce Highway to Park Road, duplication planning
Planning is now underway for the future duplication of Deception Bay Road, which will aim to increase capacity and improve traffic flow on the road's last remaining 2-lane link.
Planning will help identify a preferred option for increasing the road from 2 lanes to 4 lanes on a 3.3km section between the Bruce Highway and Park Road/Lipscombe Road intersection.
Duplicating this section of Deception Bay Road will also provide a seamless transition from the Bruce Highway Upgrade – Deception Bay Road interchange project, currently under construction.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces interchange queuing
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
- Increased capacity from 2 lanes to 4 lanes.
- Reduced queuing and bottle necks between Bruce Highway – Deception Bay Road interchange and Park Road/ Lipscombe Road intersection.
- Improved active transport connectivity.
- Improved public transport infrastructure.
The Queensland Government has committed $1.5 million to planning for this project. Investment ID 1552273
- Total investment
- $1.5 million
- Queensland Government
- $1.5 million