Pacific Motorway (M1), Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill, widen and extend busway (Pacific Highway early works upgrade)
The Pacific Highway (western service road) between Moss Street and Westerway Street, Slacks Creek is being upgraded as part of the Pacific Motorway (M1), Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill, widen and extend busway upgrade.
The Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill upgrade is being delivered in 4 separate work packages, with the second package being the Pacific Highway early works upgrade.
The early works upgrade will realign and increase the capacity of a section of the Pacific Highway (western service road) to enable future widening of the M1.
It will also realign services along the project alignment and construct new stormwater drainage from the Pacific Highway (eastern service road) underneath the M1 to Slacks Creek to improve flood immunity for this section of the M1.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Improves flood immunity
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
- Contributes to economy
- Realigning and widening a section of the Pacific Highway (western service road) to allow future widening of the M1.
- Constructing a shared footpath on the western side of the Pacific Highway to encourage active transport.
- Relocating public utility services, including electrical, sewer, drainage and telecommunications.
- Accommodation works, such as the reconstruction of driveways and relocation of fencing, lighting and signage for businesses adjoining the project alignment.
- Stormwater drainage work from the Pacific Highway (eastern service road) under the M1 to Slacks Creek, to improve M1 flood immunity.
The project is jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments. $750 million – Stage 2: Pacific Motorway (M1) Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill, widen and extend busway upgrade. Investment ID 852345.
- Total investment
- $750 million
- Australian Government
- $510 million
- Queensland Government
- $240 million
The construction contract was awarded to Georgiou Group in June 2020.
Works started in July 2020 and are expected to continue until late 2021, conditions permitting.
Schematic drawing showing the project extents for widening the M1 and V1 Veloway starting at Eight Mile Plains in the north and Daisy Hill to the south. Features include:
- location for the new Rochedale bus station and park 'n' ride at the corner of Underwood and School Roads
- location for the South East Busway extension between Eight Mile Plains and Springwood bus station
- location for the new M1 on-ramp at Lexington Road, Underwood that will replace the Sports Drive M1 on-ramp, and a new shared use path from Springwood Road to the new Rochedale bus station at Underwood Road.