Veloway 1: Pacific Motorway
The Veloway 1 (V1), is a dedicated cycleway running between Lower River Terrace, South Brisbane and Eight Mile Plains. The 17km cycleway provides a safe and efficient route for people travelling by bike.
Upgrades to the V1 are being made in stages to remove multiple road crossings and to improve safety where on-road crossings still exist. Complete and open for use is:
- Stage A – Logan Road (exit 14) to Miles Platting Road
- Stage B – Miles Platting Road to Gateway Motorway off-ramp, Eight Mile Plains
- Stage C – Lewisham Street at Greenslopes to Birdwood Road at Holland Park West
- Stage D – O'Keefe Street to Lewisham Street
- Stage E – Birdwood road to Gaza Road.
- Improves safety
- Better active transport
- Improves ride quality
- Reduces travel time
- Improves network efficiency
Stage E includes 3 bridge crossings over Marshall Road, Sterculia Avenue and Bapaume Road near Gaza Road.
New connections have been built on Bapaume Road, opposite Peronne Road, as well as the Gaza Road and Birdwood Road connections.
Future Veloway sections include:
- Lower River Terrace, South Brisbane – planning is underway and construction subject to funding. Read more about the Lower River Terrace velobridge project
- O'Keefe Street, Woolloongabba – detailed design for grade separation underway and construction subject to funding
- Birdwood Road, Holland Park West – subject to funding
- Worrell Street, MacGregor – planning underway and construction subject to funding.
Funding for Stage E:
- Total investment
- $45 million
- Queensland Government
- $45 million