The Mount Lindesay Highway is being upgraded to improve safety and efficiency.
Mount Lindesay Highway (Brisbane - Beaudesert) - Johanna Street to South Street upgrade
The Mount Lindesay Highway at Jimboomba will be upgraded to improve safety, reduce congestion and improve shared path connectivity.
The highway at Jimboomba from Johanna Street to South Street will be upgraded. This 1.5km upgrade will widen the highway from 2 to 4 lanes, supporting population growth and reducing travel times.
- Improves safety
- Increases capacity
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
- Better active transport
- Widening the highway to 4 lanes.
- Construction of a new bridge over the disused rail corridor.
- Upgraded intersections at Johanna Street, Spring Street and South Street.
- Building a new shared pedestrian and bike underpass along the disused rail corridor.
Investment ID 1776871
- Total investment
- $53 million
- Australian Government
- $42.4 million
- Queensland Government
- $10.6 million
Design started May 2021.