Construction to upgrade the M1/M3 Gateway merge to improve safety and reduce peak hour congestion was completed in May 2020.
Pacific Motorway M1 Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway
Business case planning has now begun on the Stage 3 Pacific Motorway (M1) – Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway (DH2LM) upgrade. This project will ensure that future traffic and transport needs of the M1 between DH2LM are being planned and delivered.
This project is the third stage of the M1 North upgrade program.
The M1 North upgrade program is being delivered in a 3-stage rolling program from north to south:
- Stage 1 is the M1/M3 Gateway Merge upgrade which was completed in May 2020
- Stage 2 is the Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill (EMP2DH) upgrade and is currently in varying stages of construction and detailed design
- Stage 3 is the Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway (DH2LM) upgrade and is currently in the business case phase of the project lifecycle.
- Improves safety
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Better road access
- Improves flood immunity
The Stage 3 - DH2LM upgrade is expected to feature:
- increased southbound M1 capacity from Springwood to Loganholme
- increased northbound M1 capacity from Daisy Hill to Loganholme
- consolidation of M1 entry and exit ramps
- extension of the South East Busway
- new bus stations and park 'n' rides with improved pedestrian access
- smart motorways technologies.
Jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments.
State funding: $500 million for delivery of Stage 3, including delivery of business case. Investment ID 736114
- Total investment
- $1 billion
- Australian Government
- $500 million
- Queensland Government
- $500 million
We are in the business case phase of the project lifecycle.