Construction to upgrade the M1/M3 Gateway merge to improve safety and reduce peak hour congestion was completed in May 2020.
Pacific Motorway M1 Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway
We are undertaking a preliminary evaluation to investigate viable staging options for investment in the project that will meet the future traffic and transport needs of the M1 between Daisy Hill and the Logan Motorway (DH2LM).
This project will be the third stage of the M1 North upgrade program.
- Stage 1 is the M1/M3 Gateway Merge upgrade which was completed in May 2020
- Stage 2 is the Eight Mile Plains to Daisy Hill (EMP2DH) upgrade and is currently in varying stages of construction, preliminary and detailed design
- Stage 3 is the Daisy Hill to Logan Motorway (DH2LM) upgrade and is currently in the planning phase of the project lifecycle.
- Improves safety
- Increases traffic flow
- Reduces travel time
- Contributes to economy
- Increases capacity
- Improves network efficiency
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Better road access
- Improves flood immunity
The upgrade is expected to feature:
- increased southbound M1 capacity from Springwood to Loganholme
- increased northbound M1 capacity from Daisy Hill to Loganholme
- consolidation of M1 entry and exit ramps
- smart motorways technologies.
Jointly funded by the Australian and Queensland governments.
State Funding: $16 million (towards business cases for Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the M1 North upgrade program). The Queensland Government's funding contribution is subject to further negotiations with the Australian Government.
- Total investment
- $516 million
- Australian Government
- $500 million
- Queensland Government
- $16 million
We are in the feasibility study stage for the project.