Loganlea train station and park 'n' ride relocation
We are relocating Loganlea train station and the park 'n' ride closer to Logan Hospital.
Loganlea train station is an important transport hub that helps the surrounding community connect to South East Queensland (SEQ). With nearby health, education and community services, a safe and accessible station design is vital for those who live, visit and work in the area.
The Australian and Queensland governments are planning to relocate and upgrade Loganlea train station, to make sure it can accommodate future growth in the region and deliver the most benefits to the community.
The detailed design for the train station was completed in 2023, when it was released for community feedback.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
- Increases capacity
- Reduces peak hour congestion
- Reduces travel time
The Loganlea train station relocation project will deliver:
- improved access to the train station with ramps, stairs and lifts from Valencia Street and Armstrong Road
- better connectivity to local facilities and across the rail line
- a new train station building to include real-time display screens, new wayfinding signage and hearing loops
- improved safety by increasing visibility to the train station concourse and platforms and providing additional lighting and CCTV
- raised platforms and flush kerbing to allow level access to trains
- better active transport and a secure bicycle enclosure
- platform widening and tactile ground surface indicators on platforms
- provision for fare gates to the platforms that can only be accessed by customers
- provision for future track and platform expansion, enabling the delivery of the Logan and Gold Coast Faster Rail project.
Loganlea train station concept layout—subject to change
- Station building and ticketing
- Covered platforms
- Future platforms
- Lift and stairs to platforms
- Pedestrian overpass
- Improved safety with lighting and CCTV throughout the station and car park
- Park 'n' ride
- Kiss 'n' ride
- Accessible parking spaces
- Bus stop
- Secure bicycle enclosure
- Connection to active transport
- Main station entrance
- Pedestrian crossing across Armstrong Road.
The Australian Government’s Independent Strategic Review of its Infrastructure Investment Program resulted in the Loganlea Train Station Relocation park 'n' ride expansion no longer receiving the previously committed $15 million Australian Government funding. Project scope, cost and timing are subject to further planning, consideration and negotiation with the Australian Government. Investment ID 1490266
A revised project cost of $173.8 million for the Loganlea Train Station Relocation project was announced on 22 December 2023.
Funding figures as at QTRIP 2023-24 to 2026-27 (June 2023).
- Total investment
- $95 million
- Australian Government
- $50 million
- Queensland Government
- $45 million
We have released the detailed design for Loganlea train station relocation. Procurement activities are now underway, ahead of the expected contract award in 2024.
Community engagement is now complete with a summary of the findings available in early 2024.
We are currently reviewing your feedback from the community engagement we held in November and December 2023.
During the engagement period, we:
- delivered flyers
- held community drop-in sessions
- met with community groups and key stakeholders
- launched an online engagement platform, where the community could view project materials and provide feedback via an online survey.
You might notice some field investigations being conducted around the new Loganlea station location. This information will help us understand more about the existing conditions and environment along the rail corridor.
If we need access to private property, we will contact the owners in advance to make suitable arrangements.
Information for local business owners
Land required for the construction was compulsorily acquired in April 2023 under the Acquisition of Land Act 1967 (Qld).