Loganlea Station relocation and park 'n' ride expansion
We are relocating Loganlea Station and the Park ‘n’ Ride closer to Logan Hospital.
Loganlea Station is an important transport hub that helps the surrounding community connect to South East Queensland (SEQ). With nearby health, education and community services, a safe and accessible station design is vital for those who live, visit and work in the area.
The Australian Government and Queensland Government are planning to relocate and upgrade the Loganlea Station and Park ‘n’ Ride, to make sure it can accommodate growth in the region and deliver the most benefits to the community.
The draft design for the station is now complete, including plans for what the proposed Loganlea Station and Park ‘n’ Ride may look like.
Following consultation in late 2020, feedback and priorities have been used to inform the draft design.
It is anticipated the construction of the new station will be early works for the proposed Logan and Gold Coast Faster Rail. The Queensland Government, together with the Australian Government, is planning to increase the number of tracks between Kuraby and Beenleigh from 2 to 4 tracks, with modernised rail systems, station upgrades and level crossing removals.
Have your say
We want your feedback on the draft design of the new Loganlea Station and Park ‘n’ Ride.
TMR has developed artist impressions and an online survey for you to have your say. Visit our consultation hub to provide your feedback and ideas on the project.
Community feedback sessions
The project team will be at the Loganlea Station from 6:30-9:00am on Wednesday 22 September to answer your questions on the project.
You can also attend a combined feedback session with Logan and Gold Coast Faster Rail to get information about the project and provide feedback:
|Date and time||Location|
|Thursday 9 September 4.30–6.30pm||Loganlea Community Centre|
|Thursday 30 September 5.30pm–7.30pm||Loganlea Community Centre|
Attendance is limited at these sessions due to COVID-19. Please Visit our consultation hub to register at your preferred session or call the project team on 1800 957 066.
- Improves safety
- Improves network efficiency
- Increases car parks
- Contributes to economy
- Better active transport
- Improved access to the station with ramps, stairs and lifts from Valencia Street and Armstrong Road.
- Better connectivity to local facilities and across the rail line.
- Expanded Park ‘n’ Ride with an additional 400 car parking spaces including 10 accessible spaces.
- New station building to include real-time display screens, new wayfinding signage and hearing loops.
- Improved safety by increasing visibility to the station concourse and platforms and providing additional lighting and CCTV.
- Raised platforms to allow level access to trains.
- Secure storage cage for bicycle and scooter parking.
- Platform widening and tactile ground surface indicators on platforms.
- Provision for fare gates to the platforms that can only be accessed by customers.
- Provision for future track and platform expansion, enabling the delivery of the proposed Logan and Gold Coast Faster Rail.
We are working to refine construction staging and timeframes and will provide more information as this planning progresses.
The draft design is approximate and provided for public consultation only. The proposed relocation of Loganlea Station is subject to further design, approvals and community consultation.