We commit to lead the delivery of accessible and inclusive transport products, services, information and infrastructure, and TMR workplaces and work practices.
Aspirations and goals for the Accessibility and Inclusion Strategy
We will lead Queensland’s effort for dignified, accessible and inclusive transport products, services, information and infrastructure, in line with federal, state and local government objectives and broader human rights obligations.
Accessible and inclusive transport is critical to allow everyone to move easily and provide the opportunity to participate in our community and access employment, health, education, recreation and culture.
This strategy will guide us in building accessible and inclusive transport services, products, infrastructure, and workplaces.
Focus of efforts in accessibility and inclusion
We will focus on both accessibility and inclusion by removing barriers and meeting the needs of:
- All customers of our transport products, services, information and infrastructure across Queensland
- TMR employees
- delivery partners.
We commit to lead in accessibility and inclusion by prioritising:
- transport services, information, infrastructure and products in Queensland
- accessible and inclusive TMR workplaces
- co-design and collaboration with partners.
How we will succeed in delivering our vision for accessibility and inclusion
We will commit to co-designing and engaging with our customers, our people and partners by:
- co-designing with our customers, our people and partners
- making our customers and our people feel welcome and independent
- listen responsively and continuously improve
- making inclusion our culture.
Critical capabilities for success
We will develop the capabilities required to become an accessibility and inclusion leader within the transport sector, setting the example for others through:
- design (applying Universal Design principles)
- business practices
- customer information and tools
- reporting and data on our progress on accessibility and inclusion
- organisational culture of accessibility and inclusion
- inclusive leadership.
The roadmap to fulfil our vision
1. Initiate change
Prioritise the areas of greatest customer and employee need, and establish the foundation for change Identify opportunities to engage partners in co-design of our products and services
2. Embed our guiding principles
Develop the cultural attitudes and capabilities needed to make us an inclusive workplace, and begin transformation of our products and services
3. Grow our reach throughout Queensland
Establish us as an accessibility and inclusion leader within the transport sector, and continue transformation of our products and services
indicates required fields
Help us improve the content on our website or tell us what is working well. Contact us if you need a response.